Part I On-line:
- Provides theoretical principles related to the implementation of ICAO SARPs and fundamental concepts of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and State Safety Programs (SSP).
Part II: Face-to-face:
- Provides practical knowledge in the application of the processes of risk management and safety assurance. Course developed with the support of practical exercises and world accepted best practices and IT tools (Bowtie XP).
The course has been accredited by ICAO in content and form in accordance with the TRAINAIR PLUS Competence-Based Training methodology.
Upon course completion, participants will receive a certificate issued by ICAO and a temporary BowTieXP software temporary license. This IT tool, developed by CGE Risk Management Solutions , is leader in the field of safety management.
The course aims to provide qualified SMS/SSP staff with a comprehensive application of operational safety management processes and practical examples on the use of IT tools, to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of safety management activities.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the fundamental concepts and principles of aviation safety management.
- Develop SSP/SMS implementation plans based on the frameworks provided in ICAO safety management SARPs and guidance material.
- Perform or participate in their organization’s SSP/SMS implementation and operation.
- Identify hazards following a systematic and consistent approach.
- Mitigate safety risks following a systematic and consistent approach.
- Manage changes to the system in a safe manner.
- Assess safety reports through a safety screening and internal investigation.
- Prepare a safety audit/survey for assessing performance of the process.
- Design a safety performance monitoring scheme.
- Personnel involved in the implementation and operation of the Safety Management Systems and State Safety Programme (SSP) in the aviation industry (authorities, air operator, approved maintenance organization, design or manufacturing organization, aerodrome operator, air traffic services provider or aviation training organizations).
- Part II Face to face: 1425€ (VAT exempt)