During the last months, the European Union has published a new regulation in the field of aeronautical licenses, which, under the general heading of Air Crew, includes two EU regulations: nº 1178/2011 and nº 290/2012. This regulatory package will be mandatory from 8 April 2012; although the urgency of publication dates has authorizing an opt-out, at the discretion of States, until 8 April 2013. Rules contained heirs of the former JAR-FCL, go even further in some cases and affect directly to many persons and entities civil aviation related, specifically in the field of training and licenses authorizations, certificates and approvals management. Also includes elements referred to the CC condition regulation from the point of view of training and certification to medical certification. Direct management of those rules was entrusted to EASA (European Air Safety Agency).
- To introduce students in the new regulation in the area of aircraft crew licensing.
- To accustom participants in the use of new regulations tools.
- To familiarize participants with new regulation and implementation procedures.
- Find action lines for immediate implementation of new rules, within their deadlines in concrete realities to which participants have access.
- All categories of pilots.
- Aero-medical examiners and aero-medical centers heads.
- Air operators staff related with licensing.
- ATOs managers and staff in all categories.