AESA resumes the electronic examinations of theoretical knowledge for obtaining civil aeronautical titles, licenses and ratings
Madrid, May 29, 2020 (updated on July 24, 2020)
The State Aviation Safety Agency (AESA) has approved the Resolution that allows to resume from June 22 the electronic examinations of theoretical knowledge to obtain civil aeronautical titles, licenses and ratings of professional pilots -PPL, BPL and SPL- carried out by AESA, which had been suspended by COVID-19.
The provision of the service of electronic examinations of theoretical knowledge will be established from June 22, 2020 at the headquarters in Madrid and all the health security measures that are defined for each phase of de-escalation in the Government Plan for the transition towards a new normality will be followed.
At the Barcelona headquarters, 2 editions will be made before the end of the year, one from September 14 to 25 and the usual one from October 19 to 30. The registration period begins on Monday, July 27.
The same sanitary measures will be maintained in the facilities where the examinations are carried out, in accordance with the de-escalation phases defined in the Government Plan for the transition to a new normality.
Note: The venue for the September and October call will be: Center de Promoció Econòmica. Ajuntament del Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona
We remind that before attending the exam, the applicant must review the health measures that are in force at the time of the exam, on the AESA website.
In addition, SENASA facilities will not be accessible until 15 minutes before the exam, so applicants are requested to approximate their arrival time as closely as possible, that is, do not attend an hour earlier since they are will deny access.
Download Resolution of May 28
Download information note with headquarters timetable
Download health measures in the facilities of the exam venues
Theoretical knowledge electronics exams for FCL License and Rating are established by the Commission Regulations about issuance of flight crew licenses in accordance with the EASA and AESA requirements for the issuing of flight crew licenses among the categories listed below in the “GUÍA de exámenes”.
Whom should I contact with any questions?
Sede de Exámenes de Madrid - Dpto de Exámenes
Edificio nº 4.
Customer Service Hours from 9:00h to 14:00h.
Telf.: (+34) 91 301 94 38
Fax: (+34) 91 301 94 35
Exam Headquarters in 2021
Main Headquarters - Madrid:
Address: Avenida de la Hispanidad 12, edificio de simulación ATC, planta 2, aula CBT 3.
Open all the year (except in Easter, August, and Christmas).
Exam schedule from 8:30h a 14:30h.
Tutorials are as following:
For Pilot Students
- Pilot student exam tool tutorial. Pilot student will be able to get familiar with the user-friendly tool they will find at the moment of taking the exam. Adobe Flash Player is needed.
- Supporting Scientific Calculator for calculation of operations.
- “Measuring tool”, is a distance meter, an angle meter and plotter of guide lines for graphics, which must be viewed using the Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or higher version of browser.
- General tutorial. This tutorial presents the most important action. For play this demo, Adobe Flash Player is needed. To do this, firstable you must install it from de Adobe site, and then open you must be sure your Web browser have enabled this plugin.
- Enrolment tutorial. In this tutorial, it is specifically shown the student enrolment process in several license exams. Adobe Flash Player is needed, in a similar way above indicated.
Briefing note to Flightschool:
It is reminded to ATO, Registered Center or Flightschool, approved by the National Authority (AESA); in order to carry out the procedures in the electronic exam new system, they must appoint a person responsible for the exams and a replacement (as indicated in the point 4.2. of the GUÍA), and REPORT IT to AESA (Licensing Division to personal in charge to FCL) sending to the following email address: email@example.com